Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: WeakAuras vs PowerAuras

I've been using PowerAuras forever but recently heard some good things about WeakAuras. Anyone who has used both care to chime in with some pros and cons?

Wears Business Socks

I've tried both but had to go back to powerauras. There was one aura I could not reproduce and it was vigilance.

Otherwise, weakauras had a much much better interface and more options built in for images. I liked it.

Display when Vig was not on a target? When it was? When it had 5 minuets left?

I wonder if Fsob wants more info ;P

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Fsob wrote:

I had trouble creating an aura that would pop up when vigilance was not applied to a party or raid member.

No timer, but not an aura applied on myself but applied by me on another. But that was 5-6 months ago I think.

Vosskah wrote:
Fsob wrote:

I had trouble creating an aura that would pop up when vigilance was not applied to a party or raid member.

No timer, but not an aura applied on myself but applied by me on another. But that was 5-6 months ago I think.

So the same thing I would want for focus magic. Big oversight if there is indeed no way to do this.

Wears Business Socks

How did you fix that with power auras? I've been trying to find a way to so something similar with with Prayer of mending.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Actually, I was half asleep last night but I think I saw a way to do vigilance now so I'll try it this morning.

The GUI for Weakauras is immensely superior to powerauras. But since it's not as popular yet, you won't find a bunch of scripts you can import.

Serepha wrote:
How did you fix that with power auras? I've been trying to find a way to so something similar with with Prayer of mending.

i use

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/prayer-of-mending-tracker.aspx

that little window plus an icon on my raid frames showing who its on and how many charges left

Wears Business Socks

Quote:
i use

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/prayer-of-mending-tracker.aspx

that little window plus an icon on my raid frames showing who its on and how many charges left

I use that to, but I want a big frick'n purple jesus when Pom isn't on anybody in the raid, it's too easy to miss the counter on Pom tracker

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Serepha wrote:
Quote:
i use

I use that to, but I want a big frick'n purple jesus when Pom isn't on anybody in the raid, it's too easy to miss the counter on Pom tracker

I haven't had one for focus magic in a while but I remember that I used to. I'm sure the same one would work for prayer of mending.

Code: Select all
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.25490196078431; anim1:nu1; duration:nu0; g:nu1; thresholdinvert:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; finish:nu1; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingtga; size:nu0.63999998569489; torsion:nu1; multiids:st; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; sound:nu0; optunitn:bofalse; off:bofalse; symetrie:nu0; begin:nu0; x:nu0; texmode:nu1; textaura:bofalse; timer:bofalse; target:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; y:nu51; randomcolor:bofalse; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; r:nu0.74901960784314; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; opt1:nu37; focus:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu22; anim2:nu0; buffname:stPrayer of Mending; isenchant:bofalse; party:bofalse; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; customname:st; isdebuff:bofalse; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; mine:bofalse; isinraid:botrue; stance:nu10
Found this on a powerauras site I used to use. Does it work?

Wears Business Socks

Doesn't work Fsob; like all others I've found, it only tracks the cooldown of the spell. Because of the glyph, it's not the worst thing in world to cast it on cooldown, but still inefficient if it's still got a few charges left.

Thanks though

Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Never mind, I fixed it. The key was the "Raid/party/self" option. Never saw it there before

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Serepha wrote:
Quote:
i use

This is more of a theorycrafting topic, but if its off CD and NOT on a tank - put it back on the tank. qed

so my powa just shows if its off CD or not.
Code: Select all
Version:4.9; b:0.0431; g:0.8118; icon:Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingtga; buffname:Prayer of Mending; x:57; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; texture:14; alpha:0.7; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; sound:23; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.18; y:-225; texmode:2; ismounted:0

Wears Business Socks

Quote:
This is more of a theorycrafting topic, but if its off CD and NOT on a tank - put it back on the tank. qed

Yeah I often do anyway, but I'm often raid healing and also often running low on mana for fights so I've been trying to conserve a bit more. Depends on the situation really. I might do a second PowA showing cooldown for that reason.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: