Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

re: Macaroon!

blah blah blah, lots more macro space and binding. More importantly has a key down action function (wow will implement this as a standard in 4.1) but for now this feature can apparently cut down your reaction time etc. on interrupts. Very handy for those who suck at interrupting (not pointing any fingers at anyone other than me).

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/macaroon.aspx
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

First addon I ever used is SnowfallKeyPress. Does the exact same thing without adding buttons/bars. I may Try Macaroon though. Having more macros is something I need.

Wears Business Socks

How easy is it to turn on or off, though? And is there a way to only have it work for certain spells?

The reason I ask is because it would really mess me up for a while, because I've gotten used to holding down a button while something is casting or during a global cooldown, and letting go to cast. I suppose using the "cast on both up and down" option would work for me, but I would have to make sure the keydown doesn't interrupt my current spell if it's a channeled one.

Wears Business Socks

You can enable it for certain keys.

I stopped using the key release method because I would have fireball already queued by holding it down and would get a proc but couldn't cancel my next cast. Even worse in pvp.

Wears Business Socks

The crux of this one is that you have to basically do all your bars and spells through macaroon. But, the macros are simpler to create, often only requiring clicking a spell to make it, and the total string you can do in a macro is 1000+ characters as opposed to wows 250-ish. And you can have spell cast on both up and down if you like.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Actually, this is a function in Bartender (keypress) already. Just enable it.

But more macros sounds quite nice!

Jump to: