Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

re: *bing*, *dong*, *swoosh*, *clank

So I tried DXE and I really like the look and feel of the timers

but, the sounds, oh my god

I didn't play with the configuration much, but it looks like there is a unique sound associated with each timer/event/alert?

I was doing Toravon in a pug and the 1st freeze was going out (a good thing to know, especially as a healer, lots of raid heals needed)
and i heard my "low mana" noise and then another timer went off and i heard my "low health" sound...

I did the whole VOA on edge because all these noises were screwing with me (i was sure kayla was probably behind these shenanigans)

For those using DxE, do you get used to all those? do you adjust the different sounds for the different alerts? Or do i just learn that a *klink* means "Ice Grip" and then *grandfather clock dong* means unchained magic...

Wears Business Socks

I must admit that last night was sheer hell for me because of that too. The timers are fine but every time I got one stack of the debuff, i'd hear my low health warning. First couple of times I popped shield wall by mistake.

Yes, I too blame Kayla.

I do like the look of it though, just need to go back to playing without sounds.
Noodlestein

I dont have low health warning sounds ect so idk

And yeah, I know what each sound is for every fight, so you get used to hearing is

-Kaylá-

Alerts > Sounds > Mute All <---- Click this
Problem Solved!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

But the sounds are nice!

lets me know when someone other than a ghoul/whore get the disease on LK

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

I still haven't gotten over the sounds, but fights with a lot of timers - I easily had a 8 timers going at once during Sindy last night - DXE sure was nice and easy to read.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: