Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Noodlestein

re: UI in action!

Following in Fak's footsteps here, I thought I'd take a few SS's of my UI (Last night when I was ret)

Forum Image
Stubby legs

Forum Image
AVR in teh back (red circle)

Forum Image
A cubed noodle! xD

Only thing I may need to get is a new SCT, though I like how blizzard puts it up over multiple mobs for aoe shiz, the font is far to large for my liking.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

OK, I need to switch to Deus Vox. Those timers are so much easier to read than the ones I have currently.

Did you drop Xperl?
What's that timer on Sindragosa down center just above your combat log?

And a Noodle on ice seems quite disgusting...
Dirtface

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7731-xDamageFont.html - changes the default SCT font. I used to use something very similar to this (now I don't even see my damage, just my dps graph).

Is that SBF for the buffs at the top?

*converts to deus vox too*
Noodlestein

Vosskah wrote:
OK, I need to switch to Deus Vox. Those timers are so much easier to read than the ones I have currently.

Did you drop Xperl?
What's that timer on Sindragosa down center just above your combat log?

And a Noodle on ice seems quite disgusting...

drop xperl? never used it, I have Shadowed Unit Frames only so I can turn off my party healthbars, target, & my own and just use Grid for health.

That time of sindy is also part of Deus Vox, it's also where you click to unlock/turn on encounters etc (though it autodetects encoutners)

@Fak, yep that'd be satrina buff frames, love that mod.

EVERYONE SHOULD USE THE WORD OF GOD! >;)

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

next time we do truly farm content - like ToC or Uld, I'm goign to try Deus Vox. I have it downloaded, just not on

I use mik's SCT - not sure if that's what you mean, but Mik's allows for font changes very easily

I too love Satrina Buff

One question, where do you keep all your "info" data - I love at a glance being able to see stuff like
- ping, memory, # guildies online, gold, badge count, etc...

and tell Natori people are going to need to do more than 3k (I <3 BT dps)

Wears Business Socks

Question Noodle: How do you get your right click menu without the frame? Is there a way to enable this in IceHud?

To be honest, that's pretty much the only thing I use my frames for. Setting up raid difficulty, loot, master looter, raid assist, etc.
Noodlestein

Ah, yeah

@Voss, when you target someone with Icehud, you get their name etc in the middle (not the target of target bar) you can right click that to get the options for that character.

@Pan, I dont use mods for that, gold i open my bags, guildies etc open up the social tab.

and for ping/fps, I have a keybind to bring up my fps on the screen (numpad +) and ping I dont really worry about but i just turn on the micro menu in bartender to look at it really quick then turn it off when im done, but i dont look often so it doesnt matter :P

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, thanks. I used to have Metahud and it wouldn't do right click very well. I'll try it out.

Also, which addon do you have that displays you r abilities cooldowns right in the middle of your HUD? I wouldn't use it to tank as much but I really need to work on my fury UI. It was embarrassing the other night. On top of not being fully gemmed.
Noodlestein

kek.
Well it's a mod for le pallies called CLCRet, has options for prot as well, but I have prot down well enough to where I can keep a perfect rotation without having to watch my cooldowns :P
But yar, I know I used to have a similar thing for my warrior back in the day for arms so I assume there's something similar for fury now, though I dont recall names.

-Kaylá-

OmniCC Will put up cool down timers for anything and everything Voss.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

-Kaylá- wrote:
OmniCC Will put up cool down timers for anything and everything Voss.

While this is true I found Omni conflicting with xperl's timers and switched to Cooldowns. Can't remember why at the moment but there was a very good reason I didn't just disable xperl's and use omni exclusively.
-Kaylá-

Ahh, wouldnt know about that, Never was a fan of Xpearl

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I redid my UI tonight (minor tweaks) and used bartender to put a bar right below my character. It's non clickable and only 50% alpha. It allows me to see my main attacks' cooldowns without having to look down at my set of bars.

I've also installed Deus Vox.

I have removed my character's xperl frame and am thinking of replacing my raid frames too. All I need it for is to see mana and health bars anyway.
Noodlestein

I used to do that voss, had a bar with my main abilities that was clickthrough and scaled down a bit for cooldown reasons

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Tried out Deus Vox yesterday in a real raid.

Yikes. It does look much better than DBM but I must say that I did miss a few of the raid warnings that DBM gives me.

DBM gives me a raid warning when Rune of blood is cast, not just a timer. It also gives a warning when a new gastric bloat stack is up with the total number of stacks on the other tank. I must admit that I had grown used to it and it was very hard for me to adapt on the fly in heroics last night. I know it probably caused a wipe or two on Saurfang as I was getting lost in the Runes and was basically a mess.

My apologies to everyone for these stupidities. I do think I might go back to using DBM, at least for progression nights. Too bad it looks like crap.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: