Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: Inventory Management

This is HUGE for me. Meaning, I have so much junk, and so much trouble managing it. Especially because I suffer under The Druid's Curse (tm) Shae's inventory is largely gear I can't bring myself to get rid of. Her bank has a full 1.5 feral set (mostly bear with some cat thrown in, JUST IN CASE I want to play it), while the bags I have are chock full of gear (alternative healing trinkets, alternative DPS trinkets, two full sets of T9 I'm keeping even though I've long since replaced them). I also carry the raid consumables - fish, scrolls, etc.

The result is that I'm always struggling for bag space and the whole thing is a colossal mess. I'm currently using Baggins for inventory management but I'm not sure how well I like it. It's the best I've tried, but that doesn't necessarily make it good, but it could be that I haven't properly configured it.

It divides items into categories with virtual boxes e.g. "Trade" items and "Equipment" items and "Quest" items. Which is fine, but there's often some duplicating of items in different categories which can be confusing. The end result is I feel a bit more organized, but it's still a bit organized chaos-ey.

What inventory management addons do other folks use, if any, and what do you like about them?

For me, the visual appearance of "bags" is still a necessity. I tried Tbag (yes, har har) and really disliked it because it just looked like this massive jumble of squares on my screen and I never knew where anything was.
Artisane

I've been using Combuctor for a while now. Adds a simple search function, can check bags/banks of my alts, and is really light weight.

I've used some sort of one-bag mod for years. At the moment, this is the one I've been using and I find its the first mods that gets reinstalled.

I took the screensize Waaaaaay down from the 1900x1200 this laptop runs at. Note it saying that I've got Icethron on Art and Artmart, and how many in bags vs bank.

I also can see the bank on my toons w/o visiting the bank and search for items.

Forum Image[/img]
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I use ArkInventory and I like it a lot. It takes quite a bit of setup to get it to do what you want, but it's pretty much unlimited in what it can do for your inventory. I also like having the clean, seperated bag look while still being able to seperate items into categories so I can see at a glance, say, all the trinkets I've got. It does have lots of different default categories to split stuff into, but you can write your own rules if those aren't enough. You can even set colored borders to indicate item quality

Everything you can do for your bags, you can do for your bank and guild bank if you like, although the latter is sort of pointless since you're not the only one using it. It doesn't actually move the items, but if you're viewing them in different positions than they're actually in and you move something, it would just screw up what everyone else is seeing.

Of course you can also view all the inventory in all your characters' bags and banks. By default, when you mouse over an item, it will say in the tooltip if you have more of that item anywhere else in any inventory you have access to. Pretty handy at the auction house if you're looking at buying something that you might already have elsewhere.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

I use combuctor currently - it has the diff tabs like baggings - 'quest items', 'armor', 'trade mats' etc...

ArkInventory, like Shaen says, may be what you're lookign for. I used it and it takes a bit of setup, but you can create "virtual bags" for logical categories of things YOU define.
The virtual bag, is just a group of items that match a critera you select.

Check out this article
'Which Bag is Right for you"
http://www.nostockui.com/2009/04/5-bag-addons/
Noodlestein

I used to use arkinventory back in the day since i could set it to put certain items into certain areas but meh

I use Bagnon now, have for a while and it serves my needs. i'll throw a SS up once im done trying SCII :P

Burnasham

bagnon user also

I used to use arkinv when i played still... =P
for a short while there it was a little buggy and you'd have to log out to use your inventory, but for the last few months that i was playing i never had a problem.

the thing that i like aboot it is the fact that you can search any bag, bank, gbank on any character on any server that you have.

carbonite eventually added a feature that was similar to it that i started to like instead for finding things on other toons, counting mah fortune, all that goods stuffs, but as far as in inventory mod, it didnt really help there.

being a former drood with the same problem as you, i'd recommend arkinv, it did wonders coupled with outfitter for the 5 or 6 sets of gear + extras that i'd have (sometimes more gear depending on how often i kept up on all my pvp sets for every spec.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Tbag is still tops for me.

One big square in which you can define areas, you can see all of your others chars and their bank... Just great. I've tried all the ones you guys have suggested and just always go back to tbag.
Artisane

Vosskah wrote:
Tbag is still tops for me.

One big square in which you can define areas, you can see all of your others chars and their bank... Just great. I've tried all the ones you guys have suggested and just always go back to tbag.

Did I just read that right? Voss likes tbag?
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Yes, Art, I was quite jealous of Burns in that video.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: