Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Warrior

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hi, I'm Matt. I've been a freelance writer and overall nerd for a few years now. I write for WoW Insider ( http://wow.joystiq.com/bloggers/matthew-rossi/ ) and I have a few books out - http://www.amazon.com/Bottled-Demon-ebook/dp/B008C6N646, http://www.amazon.com/At-Last-Atlantis-Matthew-Rossi-ebook/dp/B00DHMFE2C/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1413223365&sr=1-2 and http://www.amazon.com/Things-That-Never-Were-Entertaining/dp/1932265058

I've played a host of pen and paper RPG's from D&D to In Nomine and the various White Wolf games, computer games from the old Gold Box days up through Bioware/Black Isle and to the present. Standouts include Jade Empire, Icewind Dale, Fallout and Fallout 2, the original KOTOR, NWN, Planescape Torment and Dragon Age/Mass Effect. I also quite enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur despite the unfortunate business experience that game had.

I graduated from college with a Creative Writing BFA and minored in History and Theatre so you know I like degrees I don't use.

I'm a ridiculous paleontology fan. I love prehistoric animals, be they ancient therapsids or more modern cenozoic mammals.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I've raided off and on for the entire run of World of Warcraft. I raided up to Four Horsemen in Naxx 40, came back for BC and raided all the way through the Sunwell, killed up to Heroic Sindragosa in Wrath before the patch (didn't get LK until after) and cleared out Cataclysm with H-Spine a month before the patch. In Mists I raided steadily up to H-Spoils, but had to stop playing in June. (Explanation to follow!)

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
Basically, in June/July I was having a lot of health problems that made raiding impossible. My doctors thought it might be pancreatic cancer or acute pancreatitis - a biopsy ruled out cancer, but I was suffering from a host of issues and simply couldn't focus on raiding (or much of anything but my day job) back then.

I'm still not 100% better, but I'm good enough that i feel like I could return to raiding in some capacity. However, my current guild has of course had to replace me on their roster after so long an absence, which wasn't a surprise to me. I wish them no ill will, but I need to find a place that's more in tune with my play habits - I can't see myself making the jump to mythic raiding come Warlords.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I have heroic Siege gear for both prot and DPS (not that it matters much come Warlords, pretty interchangeable) and I've offspecced as prot numerous times. I was tanking when I got too sick to continue playing.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Honestly I kind of love Lei Shen. It's a ludicrous fight but I felt like it had a lot of creativity in how it applied all its moving parts. I liked it better than many of the Siege fights that followed, although Siege is certainly a well executed raid.

I hate Heroic Norushen. It's just not a fight I enjoy. I generally don't like fights that send people up or down into alternate realms.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Fury warriors are changing pretty dramatically with tomorrow's patch, so... our greatest strength is about to be how we play like lunatics, getting rage and spending it as fast as possible. Its greatest weakness is always going to be gear dependence - no matter what Blizzard does, warriors will always need the best possible gear to perform as well as other classes.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I got yelled at by Voss for not applying when I first got back to playing shape.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Scythios/simple

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Under availability, I put Always to all days, because I can raid any day, but more than twice a week is going to be tricky for me. I also put my armory in under the combat log value because I haven't raided since mid-June.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I'd be the new Spacegoat pet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA0oGVE-BeY That guy right there.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Tatris - by Millya

Hi Matt, and thanks for your application! Please give us a little while to discuss it. We may have questions for you in this thread so please check back. Happy
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

How are you with being yelled at by Voss?

And what do you think about paladins?
Rhidach
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Itanya_Blade wrote:
And what do you think about paladins?

Someone doesn't follow Rossi on twitter, I see.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

It was a leading question, dude! :P
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: App: Tatris

Tatris wrote:
If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I'd be the new Spacegoat pet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA0oGVE-BeY That guy right there.

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that just Voss naked walking on all fours?

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: App: Tatris

Carlctrl wrote:
Tatris wrote:

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that just Voss naked walking on all fours?

May I remind you that you're on trial currently, Jake?

Hey Matt,

We've been discussing your application and would like to interview you. Would you be available on Thursday at 6:30 PM PST? Yuck, ok, 18:30 PST. I hate the dumb AM/PM bullshit antiquated time. Seriously.

Your face is antiquated time!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Itanya_Blade wrote:

Yours is an antique! :P

Vosskah wrote:
Hey Matt,

We've been discussing your application and would like to interview you. Would you be available on Thursday at 6:30 PM PST? Yuck, ok, 18:30 PST. I hate the dumb AM/PM bullshit antiquated time. Seriously.

That's 7:30 PM my time, it should be fine. Might be slightly late due to phone call on possible job, but won't be very long.
Rhidach
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Vosskah wrote:
Itanya_Blade wrote:

Yours is an antique! :P

Oh snap
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Welp, guess who is going to be demoted before raid tonight.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum