View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: App: Jake! - by Jake

(I'm cheating a bit here since the site's app widget isn't currently accepting apps) I wanted to officially apply to raid with BT again. Since it's been a year since I played and resigned my raiding spot, I am going to do the full app!

Quote:
Name : Jake
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : All of them!
Class : All of them (warlocks don't count) (Realistically I can narrow it down to a multi-role class because I enjoy switching it up too much)
Spec 1 : Most of them! (open to all roles with a preference to DPS and off tank/off heal)

Armory: Most recent character: Zhem

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:

-My main gaming interests outside of WoW are with strategy type games, Civ 5, Endless Space, the Anno series. I also enjoy a good immersive action game, Far Cry 3 or Borderlands for instance. Outside of gaming I've become a big reader just over the last year or so and play the piano pretty regularly (not performance just as a way to relax).

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I've been in every raid as current content from Karazhan to ToT (except Sunwell). I started playing in vanilla wow, but only really raided MC shortly before the first xpac came out. I am coming back from a 14 month hiatus ready to play Wow again, ready to raid!

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
(I'll answer a slightly different but related question.) I am coming back to WoW because I miss it. I miss raiding with you guys and I miss the complexity of WoW combat. I played some Wild-star, some Star Wars, but none of them really brought the joy that WoW content does for me. I've had a history of taking breaks in WoW, I just sometimes need a break from the MMO style of gaming, but after a year I miss it. Truthfully I started missing Wow about 2 months ago, but it wasn't a very good time to come back to Wow.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
-Yes I have All of the specs!
-I apping for Warlords so current gear is irrelevant. Though I will say that I will actively seek to gear two different specs for whichever class I play.
-I hope to play my off-spec!

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
-Hmm, I'd say I liked Tsulong the best. I like fights that turn the standard mechanics around (Flame Leviathan is one of my favorite all time fights), and healing the boss to win is a fun mechanic.
-Least favorite is easy; Blade Lord Ta'yak and his stupid wind tunnel bs.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I'll answer this for Monk since it was my most recent class: Greatest strength is definitely the mobility of the class. No class can cover as much ground as a Monk can. The weakness would have to be a lack of burst dps, or more accurately, you have to build up to your burst dps, plan for it.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
(Again I'll answer a slightly different question.) I'll never leave Business Time because after being in a half-dozen guilds before I found BT this has been the only one that had that magical combination of people who are both talented at the game and who don't take it too seriously.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :

I'm afraid I don't have any to share, I'll guess my logs with BT from last year are gone by now.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:

Nope.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Um, Clockwork Gnome I guess, always liked gnomes and the mechanical parts of Storm Peaks he's similar too was some of my favorite of the leveling content.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Usually

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: App: Jake! - by Jake

I used to know a Jake, but he played a different class.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum