Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GDPR#2621198

re: GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Rhidach
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I use a logitech headset which I can't find on Amazon right now but it looks similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Headset-Business-Optimized-Microsoft/dp/B004YRTZ4C/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1397481144&sr=8-12&keywords=logitech+headset

It works perfectly fine. The audio is not anything exceptional, but it's what it needs to be. (I'm a slave to practicality.)
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

For gaming, i use sennheiser 151's

At the $50 price point, they are the most comfortable earphones i've ever used.

Not sure if you can tell in the image, but the earcuffs are made from a soft chenille/terry and are super easy on the ears even after hours of use.

Forum Image

For audio only, i use B&W P5's

Wears Business Socks

If you're looking for something relatively inexpensive, the Creative Labs Fatality are by far the best I've used for the price if you can ignore the stupid name. They're very light and comfortable and they sound great for games. They're not great for music, but they're punchy and clear enough for everything else. I mean, they're not terrible for music and most people would probably find them to be completely competent, but I'm something of an audiophile so I use other dedicated headphones if I'm not playing games. (These are my listening headphones: Sennheiser HD-650.

For slightly more money, the larger Tactic3D are pretty nice as well. Maybe it's because I'm used to the type of sound that the Soundblaster stuff has from using it for so many years, but I think these sound ridiculously great for a $50 headset. My worry when I bought them was that they'd be far too heavy to be comfortable, but they're much lighter than they appear. I will say also that since the earcups are leatherette and not cloth and cover your ears up completely, they may get a little hot. They've been fine for me for several hours at a time, but an all-day gaming session would probably get a little uncomfortable.

Sanakil
Wears Business Socks

I don't usually use a headset much anymore becaseu my headset cuts out all noise and I cant hear my fiance (might ahve caused an issue or two ) but I use Logitech G35 When i got my puppy about 2 years ago she chewed off the cord right at the usb connector, and I immediately bought a second pair because they were far superior to anything that I had previously tried before including the top Razor headset that I had previous to these. They also have other versions of the G35's including a wireless setup. I have worn these for 18+ hours before without any issues, aside from a little hair flattening tongue out
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

My headset is a Steelseries Siberia:

Forum Image

I used a Logitech $40 one for years and nobody ever complained. I don't have Shaen's super audio attunements (+10 to Listen) but the Steelseries ones sound good to me. They are also about $100 if memory serves, so they'd better. After my Logitech finally gave up the ghost I wanted to trade up to a more gaming oriented headset.

I like that they are (mostly) open air, and even the huge cups (which I worried would be uncomfortable) are actually really comfortable for long periods of time - except they don't play nice with my new glasses.

I don't know anything about the whole headset + mic set-up - except that we had a guy who did that and his mic sounded so shitty. He also used to knock it over ALL the time. I can't remember who that was, might've been pre-BT.
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I second the Logitech G35 headset. It has good sound quality, a nice built-in mic, and most importantly, it's comfortable to wear for hours at a time.
Elfindale
Wears Business Socks

I have used these for years. Lightweight, behind the neck so not crushing your head, volume control on cord. Worked great. I've talked to you guys on them plenty. I didn't buy mine from Amazon though. Pretty sure mine came from Walmart for about $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000018-Stereo-Headset-H230/dp/B000OAHOVO/ref=pd_sim_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=08NT28FC790SM3GQ628M

A few months ago I decided I needed a wireless set so I could go refill my drink while listening to you guys so I bought these. If you really want wireless, it's a good set. Good battery life and if they do die you can plug them in and use them while they're charging. Good signal throughout the house. However, not the most comfortable and they make my ears sweat after a while. Since you guys that raid can't walk away until there's an official break anyway... don't waste money on the wireless.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B003VANOFY/ref=pd_ybh_15
Kalerii
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I use the Steelseries headset as well, I love it. I have a smaller head so the adjustable mic and the headband make it really comfortable.

Chronis just bought a Razer headset, but I can't speak for that.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Bose%C2%AE-AE2-audio-headphones-Black/dp/B00478O0JI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397515296&sr=8-1&keywords=AE2

And a cheap boom mic. That Voss loves. With all his heart.

The headphones are absolutely incredible. Can literally wear them for hours and forget they're there. So light. So comfy. And I have a fat head, too. Couldn't recommend these enough.

Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Elfindale wrote:
I have used these for years. Lightweight, behind the neck so not crushing your head, volume control on cord. Worked great. I've talked to you guys on them plenty. I didn't buy mine from Amazon though. Pretty sure mine came from Walmart for about $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000018-Stereo-Headset-H230/dp/B000OAHOVO/ref=pd_sim_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=08NT28FC790SM3GQ628M

I use the exact same thing! I've owned two; they are very practical and cheap (I also paid about 25 for them at Best Buy). And when you get sick of things on your ears (happens to me easily) you can drop them around your neck like a necklace. The mic is still close to your mouth and if you turn the volume up, it works just fine. Or you can just use the mic that way, and use your speakers for sound. Great item.

Last edited by Carlctrl on 2014/04/15 19:45; edited 1 time in total

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Ahh Tass... You are making me nostalgic for my old Bose Triports... I went through two pairs of them (Back when I was single and still living with my parents.) $140 apiece and they both broke because of my massive noggin. Such a poor idea to have the bracket holding the earphones made out of plastic, they both snapped at the same point.

To be fair, they were being worn ~18 hours a day, 7 days a week. >.>

GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

just reviving this thread

curious to what you ended up doing Supp.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that i use some Sennheisers - which are super comfortable and would recommend them, but...

but, I just plugged my music headphones in and launched wow - and wow, my senn's suck.

I'm no audiophile, but a budding enthusiast...who really likes to listen to music.
My music headphones are B&W P5 (but i'm replacing them)

I felt like i was hearing a lot more of the game with the better headphones and now want to throw my senn's in the trash.

i've budgeted some to do some upgrades, but not sure what to do.

shaen - i saw you have Senn 650's (wow!) - have you ever tried to game with those and use
a clip on or boom mic

I'm thinking about like 10 different options
If i go with a "gaming" headset, i'm thinking of these
- Astro A40
- Senn 363
- logitech 430

but, I'm definitely going to upgrade my audio headphones and can't decide on open or closed options and how portable i want them to be or if i should use them gaming

comfort is really important for me - and why i love my current Sennheiser and why i want to get rid of my P5's

GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum