View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antigenic
Lysogen
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: App: Lysogen

I can't do an "Apply to Guild" because I'm already a member or something, so I just copy/pasted a completed one (I seriously considered copy/pasting my old app, but I can't be that lazy):

Name : Lysogen
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 100
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Retribution
Spec 2 : Protection

WoW Armory

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
My name is Dan, I'm 26 years old and I live in Minnesota. I like to read space operas and the occasional fantasy, go snowboarding, enjoy a nice beer or gin & tonic, and of course play some video games. Currently I'm knee-deep in WoW, but in the past I've played other games such as Hearthstone, Diablo III, EVE Online, and many more. I used to write for WoW Insider like a few other people in this guild until we were all unceremoniously canned :D

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
In SoO I went 10/14 heroic ("mythic", whatever) before I stopped raiding.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I think I'll take this section to explain why I left BT in the first place, while also explaining why I left my previous guild.

Originally I had parted ways with Business Time because I simply wanted to raid more. After a few jumps I landed in a guild that had pretty much everything I was looking for, or thought I was looking for. We raided Friday and Saturday nights for four hours each night, and in that time we progressed fairly well.

Over time, though, I began to realize that those hours and that level of play was not exactly where I wanted to be; I was growing less and less excited to log on to raid each night. Eventually I decided enough was enough and hung up my hat.

I was getting to know people in that guild, and knew a couple right from the start, but the atmosphere was very different. Everyone was there to hit progression, to do their job and leave. As a result I never really got comfortable.

As I look back on the experience, I realize that while seeing the encounters and extra content is nice, it comes with a hefty price tag, one that I'm not willing to pay anymore. So when Warlords came out, I thought about it a bit and decided that the folks I wanted to play with were the folks I actually liked and got along with - BT!

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My offspec right now is prot, and I have a few of the requisite pieces of gear (sword, board, a couple trinkets) but I haven't tanked in a Warlords environment yet, so I would need to get up to speed before I volunteer for any raid tanking duties.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I would have to say my favorite raid encounter of Siege of Orgrimmar (the other raids seem so long ago) was normal Siegecrafter Blackfuse, though only the first few times we did it when I got to go on the belt. I liked the personal responsibility and challenge of the role, as opposed to the boring stand-and-burn that was the remainder of the boss fight.

My least favorite would be Fallen Protectors because of how many ground effects were used in its design. I felt that, as a melee in a 25m raid, I had to just watch my health bar to see if I was standing in an acceptable area or not because spell effects were just out of control.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Right now I feel like ret's greatest strength is its burst, which has historically been central to the ret playstyle. Although right now I'm running DP/FV which, while being the theoretically highest DPS talent grouping, doesn't afford on-demand burst and that can be a bit of a problem at times.

I have a feeling that ret's greatest weakness at the moment is AoE damage, but I'm testing things out and have seen it skyrocket if I do things a certain way, so the jury's still out. Otherwise I'd say our next greatest weakness is our humility.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Because I want to see some raid content and because I miss playing with you guys!

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
I'm pretty sure all of mine are expired, but if you guys want me to run some content with you to evaluate where I'm at then I'd be more than happy to!

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I don't think so? I'm sure you guys will let me know if I forgot anything!

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Last time I said Perky Pug, and while I still think his mannerisms and spiked collar are cool, I think I'd rather go with Frostwolf Ghostpup because it's really cute while also having a touching, if somewhat depressing, backstory.

UI Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VOr3OYa.jpg

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Oh hell, Damn Pally #2... Happy

Thanks for the re-app, Dan. We'll get back to you asap.

So, how do you feel about warriors? And how much do you sparkle?
Antigenic
Lysogen
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I have the Glyph of the Luminous Charger, so I sparkle real good-like.

And warriors are alright, they make good cannon fodder.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, let's promote hime so I can demote him.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum