Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Frost
Spec 2 : Fire

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I am a 35 year old nursing student with one semester left before I get to start life over in a new career. With limited free time due to school and work my hobbies are somewhat reduced right now, but aside from WoW I love camping, hiking, fishing, and I try to have a small party with coworkers and friends once every couple months. I am married and my wife tolerates my game playing much more than school does.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
My raiding experience spans the entire existence of the game. I started off slugging through Molten Core, beat all of the Vanilla raids except Nax. In BC work limited my availability so I mainly raided as a fill in. Wrath into Cata was definitely the pinnacle of my raiding experience. Early in Wrath I was in a 25 man guild that was routinely competing for server firsts, then that progressed into a 10 man guild that was often competing for world firsts and ranking near the top in both progression and raid achievements. After the first tier in Cata I went back to school and was no longer able to raid that extensively. In Mysts I have mostly tooled around with the raid finder.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I am not currently in a guild. I have taken most of a year off due to school, but my schedule is finally easing up and I'm back in the saddle.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My raiding experience has covered several toons, based on what was needed at the time. As a mage I try to keep current with all specs because they often rotate on highest dps. One of my strengths in this game is my ability to learn new classes and specs very quickly and be competitive, so I can play pretty much any class that's needed.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Since I have only raided in raid finder I'm going to pass on the Mists raids, because I know that the encounters are entirely different between the two modes. In Cata My favorite fight was Halfus Wyrmbreaker. I enjoyed having a slightly different encounter every week, and finding our groups strengths in different situations to beat it. My least favorite was Al'Akir, because to me the flying phase felt gimmicky. I've never been a fan of fights that take your character out of it's normal element, such as Malygos or any other vehicle fight. They are fun for 5 mans, but usually not for raids.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
The biggest advantage of mage is the versatility of it's different specs. All three are just different enough that you can always find one that is best suited for a particular fight. The greatest weakness is that it doesn't bring much utility. CC is virtually useless in most raids, and while remove curse is vital in some circumstances it's not often used.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I have been playing computer games with Thraxx for about 12 years now, starting with FFXI. He told me about your raid schedule, your attitude, and competence and it sounds like a good fit for me.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
I do not have this on hand but I can get one if needed.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
At the moment I am more or less interested in playing in a back up role until I am closer to finishing school.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Mini Diablo. Every character I've ever had in this game has had that pet following them around. Diablo I is still the best game ever made.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> 2x a Month
Tuesday -> 2x a Month
Wednesday -> 2x a Month
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: twerpinator - by Millya

Heya, and thanks for your application and interest in Business Time. I just wanted to let you know that I've read it but needed some clarification. I haven't seen Thracks around to ask him, but basically are you applying as a social member? We currently don't have any space on our raiding roster for another mage and it seems unlikely we'd have a spot open for one in the future (we've already had someone switch to a monk because we had no room for more cloth-wearing casters).

But if you just want a place to hang out with Thracks and get to know the rest of us, you're quite welcome. I just don't want to be misleading or make it seem like we'll definitely have room when your schedule allows to raid, because we may well not.
Thracks
Raider
Wears Business Socks

He's probably lurking around in the shadows being roguish.

Wears Business Socks

As I said, class isn't an issue for me. I can have just about anything ready to go in a few weeks. I do have a DK I was using as a gatherer that I could have at 90 in no time. As far as my raiding intentions, I could raid now if needed, but I'm mainly trying to find a home for the expansion. Even without raiding I would like a social place with more adults and people that actually put in some effort even when doing five mans.

Even without a full time raid spot my learning curve is pretty good so I would be a decent enough choice to fill in.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Alright, just wanted to make sure we were clear! It's not an issue for right now so let's just cross that bridge when we come to it. Until then, welcome aboard, whisper any raider for an invite!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum