Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Gnome
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Discipline
Spec 2 : Holy

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I'm Amber, a 27 year old currently living in Texas with my rageberry. I'm a bit of a foodie, and when I'm not doing seriouspants things or playing video games, you can usually find me reading, doing stuff with friends, or watching hockey (when the nhl isn't in the middle of a lockout). I'm also a big fan of roller derby, but I don't play. Beyond warcraft, I love playing Minecraft, Terraria, Rift, and whatever is currently catching my interest in my Steam library (right now Lucid). I'm a bit of a political activist on social issues and do some volunteering when I've got the time and resources.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I started playing just a few short months before BC dropped, so I didn't do any of the classic content while it was still remotely considered progression.

In BC I saw all of T4, most of T5 (3/4 TK, 4/6 SSC), and then most of Hyjal with some pokes into Sunwell shortly before Wrath dropped. I saw all of T7, Ulduar up to Vezax attempts, all of ToGC (with A Tribute to Insanity 10-man), and 11/12 ICC (both 10 and 25). I basically quit playing for large chunks of Cataclysm because of real life, but had a handful of normal kills on various T11 bosses, some normal FL kills, and got up to 5/8H DS with attempts on Gunboat 2.0 once I started playing again.

All of my raiding in Mists so far has been in LFR, although I did get to poke the first boss of MSV with my current guild a bit last week. I've done a few Sha groups on my horde priest, and I've poked galleon with her (which was fun right up to the point where I somehow ended up flagged).

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I came to Lakeshire after a pretty awful guild experience in late Wrath (that I'm willing to talk about in a less public setting). Some of the founders of the guild are people I'm friends with in real life, but they're not really a raiding guild... more a guild that tends to manage one raid night most weeks, and eventually seeing content. They're a great bunch, but sometimes my more progression focused mindset causes friction with other guildmates that want to raid, but sometimes don't seem to want to do things that I consider basic (light reading on spec and rotation, looking up a boss in the dungeon journal, etc.) to make the one night we've got go better. It doesn't tend to be as much of a problem in normal modes (unless they're high execution fights), but it becomes a more obvious issue once we get to heroics. We've also got 4 priests right now that want to raid, and 3 of us either outright refuse to take up a shadow spec or really prefer not to play it.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Right now I've got a shadow off-spec to make dailies and scenarios less painful, but I generally prefer to run Holy/Disc. I've really only got one set of gear right now, so it's okay for Shadow, but not the most optimal. I'm not amazing at shadow in a raid environment, but I'm willing to do everything possible to get better if that's something the team needs.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I really like Gara'jal. I think the voodoo doll mechanic is interesting from a healing perspective, and I like the flow of the fight when people are doing things correctly. My least favorite fight is probably The Stone Guard with Jasper up, because getting chained to a melee for the entire fight is exceptionally frustrating. It's also seems really easy for the fight to turn into a major fustercluck if taunts are just a smidge off.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Priests are pretty versatile healers, and the fact that we can switch between tank and raid healing hats fairly adroitly is a big strength. In Discipline, Spirit Shell is absolutely crazysauce bananas amazing in 10-mans (so long as you can get at least 4 of your healing casts off to pump heals into everything friendly in sight). I feel like Penance is a little weak right now for the CD, but it's still a solid spell. Holy has really interesting spell choice via Chakra transforming Holy Word: Chastise, but it can also make the spec feel a little clunky as you work out transitions to single or multi-target healing around the 30 sec CD.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
You seem like a good bunch of people that know what you're doing and have similar raiding goals to mine. I follow Vidyala and Rhidach on twitter, and any interactions I've had with them or other members of the guild there have been fun and highly entertaining.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/66692/ (these are my personal logs, feel free to look at everything)

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I don't think so.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I'd definitely be a black lamb. One of my frequently used jokes with Spyri is that her absolute favorite thing to engineer is a ticking sheep that she can toss at people. (It may or may not actually explode... she is a Gnomish engineer, after all!) Being a soot-colored lamb just makes sense.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> Always

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Nyxiane - by Vosskah

Hi Nyxiane and thanks for your app! Please give us a bit of time and we will get back to you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum