Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
My name is Connor but my friends have called me Keane since the 7th grade. I am 24 years old and currently finishing up my degree in Environmental Sciences here in Portland. I spent the last year and a half traveling and seeing the world. I four months in India, a couple months in Ireland and 6 months on the island of Utila off the coast of Honduras. While I was there I got my instructor certification in SCUBA diving. I have been a gamer my whole life and I enjoy playing a wide array of games such as Starcraft, Halo, Battlefield, and most recently Dark Souls. My passions outside of gaming include movies, books, sports, and just generally being around the ocean. I ended up in Portland because my girlfriend is from here and we wanted to set up base in a familiar city.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I began playing WoW in Vanilla around the Zul'Gurub patch. I raided hardcore from MC to Ulduar. After Trial of the Crusader was released I decided to quit the game. I came back to the game about 3 months ago, excited about Mists of Pandaria.

In terms of the classes I have played I raided mostly as a Warlock and Holy priest. After coming back to the game I do not enjoy healing or caster dps as much as I used to. I rolled a Death Knight and I am totally loving it. My primary spec is Blood. I enjoyed tanking as a warrior and druid before I quit and I find blood DK to be the most interesting tank to play.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I joined my current guild solely for the purpose of the guild perks. So I am leaving for a guild more fitting of what I want to do in this game.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My off spec is frost. I just finished leveling so my gear is kinda awful.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
The only Cataclysm raid I did was Dragon Soul in raid finder so I didn't get a good feel for what the encounters are actually like. In previous expansions I always enjoyed heavy movement encounters. In Vanilla I have fond memories of Ouro and C'thun, Burning Crusade my favorite fights were Lady Vashj and Illidari Council, and in Wrath I like Mimiron and Yogg-Saron. Least favorite raid fights would be tank and spank fights like Patchwerk, Teron Gorefiend, etc.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I feel like all the tanks in the game are very well balanced. I feel like a DKs strength lies in their mitigation of magic damage and their number of cooldowns. Their weakness shows itself most in progression fights where they are more susceptible to larger spike damage where a warrior or paladin would offer a smoother intake of damage.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I am interested in joining Business Time in a non-raiding position. I know this is odd but at the moment my schedule is unpredictable so I cannot commit to a full time raiding position yet. I want to join Business time to be around like minded people. I talked briefly to Millya (I believe that is who I talked to) and I got the impression that Business Time is exactly what I am looking for. I have the desire to raid again and I would love to be able to do it here, but again I do not know when my schedule will stabilize enough to do so.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
I don't have any.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I think that about covers it.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I have to go with Egbert, because he doesn't conform to our idea of what a vanity pet is supposed to do. He doesn't just blindly follow his owner around he is a brave explorer willing to do what so few other pets are.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Bixbe - by Millya

Hey, and thanks for your application! Please give us a bit of time to discuss it (we'll reply here in your thread). Vosskah and I are out of town this weekend so the process may take a little bit longer depending on our internet access. Thanks for your patience.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum