Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Rogue
Spec 1 : Combat
Spec 2 : Assass.

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hi, my name is Drew! I am 29, live in Minnesota, and have been raiding WoW since Vanilla, sans Cataclysm! My connection and interest in Business Time is that I went to college and am close friends with Jake, a long-standing member of your guild! I love many nerdy things, not limited to WoW - I play Magic: the Gathering, Warhammer, Dungeons & Dragons. I prefer nerdy hobbies that allow a person to be social, as I am a social person who missed WoW MOST because of its community and the idea that the game/raiding is based on working together to defeat content as a team.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I raided with Ainur-Tichondrius from Molten Core through Ulduar with 90% or higher raid attendance, ALWAYS. Ainur's policy towards raiding was to power through even the hardest content, and the guild survived and defeated content like C'thun (before nerfs) and Muru the Guildbreaker (also before nerfs); I was honored to receive server-first dual warglaives as we defeated Illidan in TBC. I have served as a guild leader, a raid leader, a class lead, and love that raiding provides an opportunity to be both competitive and supportive in a team environment. I left for a personal hiatus (that was wonderful) and returned to help Ainur finish the Hardmode versions of the Argent Tournament, and waded into ICC where we achieved many server 2nd-3rd kills, and placed in the US Top 50 for a brief while. Ainur began as a guild with the core all knowing each other locally (Berkeley, CA; I live in Minnesota and received my invite based on merit because one of the Berkeley members had been in a previous guild I lead where we raided MC/BWL). I have not raided in Cata because Ainur largely decided to retire as a guild; life certainly happens, and members simply had to commit to other things. It was an absolutely fantastic experience!

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I answered it above, but I am looking to continue playing somewhere where I have a connection to the guild. Ainur has largely retired from the raiding scene as members moved on and into real life. I had an absolute blast with them, and I suppose the guild retiring probably lead me to set Cata aside for so long. Ainur was basically my entire WoW experience to date.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
This application exists largely for your consideration in Mists of Pandaria, where I would like to raid with BT. I have played for 1 year+ both a Paladin (Prot/Ret/Holy experience in that order) and a Rogue 2+ years (Combat). My preference is towards playing a Rogue. I am a fantastic Rogue, and a fantastic Protection Paladin.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
I can't speak to this question, as I've already explained that I don't have Cata raiding experience. My favorite raid encounter was (for its time) C'thun. C'thun was my opportunity to join Ainur's raids as a recruit and demonstrate how extremely capable I was at participating as a quality player and team member; I beat that encounter with an Adventurer's Tunic of Power (that is a green Atk Power chestpiece). The encounter was highly advanced for its time; it required positioning, high damage output, personal awareness, team awareness, and the phases of the fight was something that Blizzard was just starting to perfect. My least favorite fight is Inferno Act 2 as a Barbarian.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Damage! I have found Combat to be a resilient and adaptable spec that allows a good player to understand and manage the different buffs and debuffs of their character, putting them to maximum benefit. Combat switches targets very capably, and buffs up the rogue's defenses just a bit to increase survivability. I prefer Protection Paladins because.... well they are Protection Paladins. That class/spec speaks for itself how stupid awesome it is. The one thing I enjoy about Paladin MORE than Rogue is that you have a hand in protecting/saving/improving your team members through the use of your abilities. Rogues are a very isolated class in terms of how they function with the rest of the team.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I'm looking for a team experience that includes someone I know, somewhere that is stable, and somewhere that has mature players. I want to play WoW over something like Diablo because WoW leans in favor of teamplay and skill deciding whether or not you beat an encounter.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
Can provide at a later time!

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Clearly an inspection of my gear will demonstrate I am not currently useful/competitive. My application relies largely on my past experience, and is submitted for future, not necessarily immediate, consideration. For Availability I have avoided "Always" on principal. Assuming that raids are scheduled in advance, "Always" is very close to how available I am. However, certainly there is the chance that from time to time this would not be the case.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Mini Magmadar. Small, but fierce!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Knight-Captain Rhama - by Vosskah

Quote:
My least favorite fight is Inferno Act 2 as a Barbarian.

Hey, Act 2 is easier now! And by easier, I mean my barbarian dies in 3 seconds instead of 1.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Thanks for your application, Rhama. We'll be discussing it and getting back to you in the next while!
Ex-Girlfriend

And while I'd love to go and check out Act 2 and see what is different, I still struggle with the fact that Diablo lacks that "meaningfully difficult" feeling to it like a well-tuned encounter; instead the difficulty is just stupid and gimmicky and either you have the gear to survive, or you're kiting as a Barbarian .

My last few days back with WoW.... I'm impressed with Blizzard! I'm not sure if the gear I've been gathering honestly allows a person to participate in endgame content, but at least they let you dive right in! Instances are so much shorter and succinct, and while most of the fights aren't difficult in the sense of wiping/losing, at least they allow me to get back some of that muscle memory while learning to include things like Revealing Strike into the mix!

If anyone sees me in game and wants to shoot the breeze, by all means send me a tell Happy I like farming (though I question if "farming" even exists anymore this far into expac, not to mention that you can just run heroics for the BoE bracers).

Anyways, goodnight and thank you for the response.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hi Rhama, we'd like the chance to speak with you further in Mumble. Can you give us an idea of your availability so that we can schedule a time? Thanks!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Specifically, would you have time tomorrow night?

Sure I'd have time tomorrow night to speak, play, hang out, whatever you had in mind Happy

If you had in mind to do encounters, would you be willing to reveal where we're going? I'd like to do whatever reasonable studying up I can ahead of time!

Hope everyone's weekend is good!

Ex-Girlfriend

More specifically, I will be available and in Mumble at 6:30 PM Central, or any time later that is requested Happy

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Sounds good.

Let's set this up for 6:30pm PST tomorrow night.

The way we do things for a new applicant is we have a formal (and sometimes not so formal) interview process. It usually last about 30-45 minutes or so. It's an opportunity for us to get to know you a bit better, get to ask you some questions as well as answer yours.

Honestly, I usually do laps in Dalaran during interviews. I've been told that I often tune out chatter when I'm tanking which is not the most conducive way to conduct an interview.

Vosskah wrote:
It usually last about 30-45 minutes or so.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum