Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Prot
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I am a member of the US Air Force. Outside of the game I enjoy running, rock climbing, kick boxing, listening to music, having a lazy weekend where all I do is watch movies every now and later is always nice and going down to the strip to have a good time! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? I think so! Aside from that I love to raid which is pretty much the reason I have played this game since the very start.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Pre-BC: MC(cleared), Onyxia(cleared), AQ20(cleared), ZG(cleared), nax 40(12/15), AQ40(cleared) & BWL(7/8)

BC: Karazhan(SF), GL(SF), Mag(SF), ZA(SF Bear Run), TK(pre patch), SSC(pre patch), (Hand of A'Dal), MH(pre patch), BT(pre patch), SW(5/6 pre patch)(SF M'uru)

WOTLK: Nax 10/25(cleared), Vault 10/25(cleared), OS 3D 10/(25 SF)(cleared), EOE 10/25(cleared), Uld 10(GOTUR10 pre patch)/25(13/14 pre patch), TOTC 10/25(cleared), TOGC 10(Insanity on my Paladin pre patch)/25(4/5), ICC 10/25(cleared), HICC 10(Bane of the Fallen King pre patch)/25(11/12), RS 10/25 & HRS 25(cleared)

Cataclysm: BWD(cleared), BoT(cleared), TOT4W(cleared), BH(cleared), FL(cleared after nerf) & HFL (3/7)

This is all on various toons as I have been playing wow since the start.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I am currently unguilded at the moment.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My current off-spec is Ret. My off-spec gear isn't horrible i'd say around 365ish equipped don't quote me on that number though. If I am needed to dps I gladly will, although i'll be perfectly honest I have not had much practice dpsing in a while so i'm a little rusty.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
I honestly can't say i've really "enjoyed" any raid encounters in this expac. If I have to choose one I suppose I would go with Rag only because he is a multiple stage fight, which means everyone needs to take care of the assignment given to them in order to complete the fight.

As far as my least favorite fight i'd say any fight that involves rng that can take the fight out of your control. So I guess a fight like Baelroc when you can't control the amount of dmg you take and you are relying on a dodge/parry/block and if you get hit the healers topping you off on the chance you get hit again.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I believe the greatest strength of a prot paladin is the multiple amount of cooldowns we have at our disposal. I'd also have to say the amount of abilities we can use in a rotation incase something misses. I'd say about 95% of the time I will always have something off cd that I can be using to generate threat.

With any class that has mana it can always been considered a weakness as a caster with out mana can't do anything. Another thing is not having a charge type ability. Sure we can throw a shield or taunt a target but unlike a Druid/War that can charge and a DK that can DG, we can't always get right up to a target and directly hit it to generate aggro if a taunt or shield misses.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I am looking for a 10 man guild as I enjoy 10 mans over the 25 man setting. While yes at times it is harder as there is way less room for error but at the same time you are able to build strong team synergy that you can't always do with a 25 man.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rmlmhc3yh9iznvcl/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
That should about sum it up if you have any questions for me feel free to shot me a line in game via realid darktides26@gmail.com

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I think i'm going to have to go with Murkablo since he is very unique much like myself. To be honest I could probably think for just about ever and never actually be able to put forth a straight answer.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: Disctinctaim - by Millya

Hey Doublexed, thanks for your app. We'll discuss it internally and will get back to you soon.

In the meantime, I have one question already.
We can see that your experience on your pally does not match the experience described in your app. Would you mind telling us which other characters you raided on, especially in Cataclysm?

Sure no problem, heres the link to my main toon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Distinctaim/advanced
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Looks like you used to be into substantially more hard modes than you have recently (Cata). Any particular reason for that? Any particular reason you're now looking to get into a guild that focuses on hard modes?
Darkgambit261

I was not raiding from the start of cata up to about 3 months ago. From Feb-midway through Aug I was away for Basic and Tech Training for the Air Force. So I was either unable to raid or not able to commit to a raiding schedule.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Hey there,
Sorry for the delay. We'd like to interview you in Mumble. When would be a good day/time for you? With thanksgiving around the corner, we'll try to find an hour somewhere to meet.

The weekend will work the best for me, since I will be doing a decent amount of traveling in the next few days. Once I get back to the base on saturday I will check in and we can set up a time. On that note have a nice holiday weekend!
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Never did hear from you Doublexed? Are you still interested in an interview?

Darkgambit261

My apologies for being so tardy on getting back to yall, unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw my app, got orders to deploy in a little under 2 months.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Fair enough. Thanks for your interest and take care of yourself!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum