Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: Raid Warnings

So... how many of you do/don't use raid warnings/timers?

I'm thinking of getting rid of mine. Haven't found myself needing them in quite some time... but it's like training wheels. I've never done it without 'em... but I think I'd be just fine... and have a lot less clutter.

Thoughts?
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Talking about deadly boss mods and the like?

I use the timers to coordinate cooldowns and such since I don't wanna pop Icy Veins if I'm about to move. I've got them tucked on the very edge of my screen and then have them move to the lower center between my unit frames when they are about to expire/happen.

I have played without them in the past and it didn't break me. I just prefer having the information there if I need it rather then need it and not have it.

There was a bit into firelands after the update that I didn't use em... I completely forgot about em and only realized one day that my timers were gone XD

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I think the reason why many of you guys can pretty much raid without DBM is because we pretty much call out everything.

As a tank though, I'd never raid without them. There are too many cooldowns that I need to know but are irrelevant for a non-tank. For example, on Baleroc when I'm the decimation blade bitch, I switch to battle stance in between decimation blades to keep dpsing as much as I can while not pushing the other tank. I need to know there's a switch of blades happening because I'll switch about 4 seconds before the new blade.

I also like to know how many stacks are on the other tank so I know when to taunt, and the method of using focus is a pain. I guess I could replace most of this with weakauras but this is simpler.

I don't use to many of the bars other then to track phases or when phase might come. I do like the sort of big warning on certain things, like when Domo is going to leap on me. I don't always have the ability to track his target of target while I am looking at raid frames healing.

The part I really like the most about these mods though is the /say warning on other people. This was awesome back in Wrath for the Lich King raid when I could see who the black circle of death was going to be on, or for Rag who the meteor is fixated on, or if Domo is going to leap on someone next to me.
Thracks
Raider
Wears Business Socks

My DBM is basically the same as Fsob described, tucked away below my minimap then to the lower center when they're close to expiration. I have the boss ability mods enabled so I get the giant warnings of impending doom in the center of my screen and the red edge flashes on critical events.

Vosskah wrote:
I think the reason why many of you guys can pretty much raid without DBM is because we pretty much call out everything.

Not really, at least in my case, sure you do call them out but I am also looking at chat for that line of red text or whatever emote a boss does out of the corner of my eye, signalling he's going to use an attack etc that or the visual queue.

Now for tanking, I wouldn't even dream of doing it without, it makes things much easier than having to know a timing or having to pay attention slightly more to the chat for dem texts. and since you dont need to know a timing since you have a bar there telling you "30seconds till he RAGEFIRES" it leaves you to watch your cd's better, perhaps threat (HA oh wait, they killed that part of the game... :
Thracks wrote:
s"]My DBM is basically the same as Fsob described, tucked away below my minimap then to the lower center when they're close to expiration. I have the boss ability mods enabled so I get the giant warnings of impending doom in the center of my screen and the red edge flashes on critical events.

Heh, I guess I could do that. Mine is right up in my face. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mQfoYPylA&hd=1if you want to know what I mean and haven't already seen it.)

Last edited by Noodlestein on 2011/09/14 19:10; edited 1 time in total

Tassager
Wears Business Socks

I've given this a bit more thought. I agree on the timers... When they're useful, they're necessary. When they're not useful, I just ignore 'em.

But the big screaming "AMGRAGISABOUTTOSTICKHISHAMMERINTHEGROUND" warning that blows up my screen... I'm not sure I really need. I can see what Rag is about to do, because, you know, I'm watching him.

I think I'm going to raid a few times with this in mind and pay attention to what I actually need.

Very interesting to hear all your thoughts about it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: