Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paranon

re: PhoenixStyle

I don't know if anyone has run across this yet, but it's an addon my old raid leader used (and one I've dabbled with running alt 10's) that's actually proved exceedingly helpful.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/phoenixstyle.aspx

It's sort of a "fail" mod, but not really. If you use it right, it's more of a "constructive criticism" mod than one for calling people out.

It's useful in tracking and/or reporting little things that can wipe a raid. For example, who smacked Electron's shield on ODS, who triggered the poison bomb, who got nuked by fireball barrages on Halfus, who wasn't fast enough to avoid a shadowcrash on Cho'gall, etc. Not sure how useful anyone else would find it, but I love it. Sort of the same end result as digging through a WoL parse to find where a problem occurred, but it's in-the-moment (with a summary post-wipe) so it's easier to adjust on the fly and mid-pull vs pouring over a log later.

EDIT: Oh, another random but handy feature is the cross-bossmod timer. You can put up something (ex. a 5m break timer) and have it send to BigWigs, DBM, RaidWatch, etc. at once.

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Noodlestein

"autoupdate marks on raid members that you don't want to lose in the combat by one of BossMods"

This caught my eye. :D

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Nice, I didn't know about that mod. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Thanks!

Sure thing, it's a really handy mod. Last night I kept looking for it after each attempt thinking things like "Did I get hit by Flamethrower? I don't think I got hit by it, but DID I get hit by it?" It's just one of those little self-performance tweaks that helps a lot on these crazy chaotic fights.

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: