Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: Which Addon...

Most changed the way you played the game?

For me, I'd have to say there are two that tie for this honor...
1. Threat Plates/Tidy Plates... I honestly can't imagine tanking without it.
2. NeedToKnow... makes things so idiot proof that even a doofus like myself doesn't have any excuse for keeping everything up when it needs to be up.

Got thinking about this when I traded Auctioneer for Auctionator (at Fsob's suggestion) last night, and totally loved it. Also picked up Postal and traded recount for skada last night.

Amazing how much difference a simple addon can make!
Noodlestein

Damage Meters(Skada): Not a bad thing, its made me more competitive and thus, if Im doing worse than others I look to find out why and try to improve myself (I dont look at it during fights, only after do I check it out and only if Im low on dps will I look during a fight to see when it drops.) blah

Nameplates/Tidy Plates: easily can turn a rubbish tank into a somewhat compitant tank since you can easily see your threat on multiple targets and grab specific ones out of a group to make sure they dont get pulled off.
It's funny since DPS will never understand how amazing plates are and actually hate them, yet since I tanked with them, I have them while dps'ing and it's still handy... I can more easily see which targets are the lowest or on the fly see which one is being dps'd down at the current point in time from the obvious health difference and thus focus fire with it.

Hud(Icehud): lets me watch other things over my health/energy/mana in the upper right, such as cooldowns or just shit on my screen (OMG FIRE) over looking to the upper left.

PS. Good job on skada.. It is far superior to that ugly thing that is recount.

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

SnowFallKeyPress. Nothing else even comes close to changing the game for me as much as that addon has. It is now obsolete, but before blizz added the setting into the game it was my favorite addon hands down.

xPerl. Even though I've moved on to ShadowedUnitFrames since, xPerl is the first unit frames addon I used. It had the ability to display dispellable buffs twice as large as the non-dispellable ones and until I got this addon I never really utilized spellsteal the way a mage should.

TradeSkillMaster. I can't imagine a more useful auction house addon then TSM. I use it in conjunction with Aucionator and really can't say enough good things about it.

Wears Business Socks

I agree with Noodle on the damage meter. Having a DPS meter addon completely changed the game for me. It's obviously necessary for the type of raiding I do now, but I still remember back to when I could run instances and be blissfully ignorant of damage numbers. I'm certain I was doing far less damage during that time, but the point is I didn't care one bit.

Sinpree

For me as a healer it probably is perhaps Grid but I am sure I could get by with any kind of raid frame. The big addon for me is what goes with Grid, Gridraidstatusdebuff, that addon is just amazing. It gives me all the major debuffs, like mangle on Magmaw, Engulfing Shadows on Maloriak, and so on on my Grid as a debuff icon with out having to manually make them all.

Last edited by Sinpree on 2011/05/06 14:33; edited 1 time in total
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

As a healer since MC, I think raidframes and clique truly changed the way I play.
VuhDo is my choice now.

The very 1st add-on I played with was compilation called Cosmos (I think) - ever since then i've been hooked and constantly tweaking my UI.

Back in MC, when there were not as many rules about what addon's could and couldn't do there was a healing add-on which literally
- told you whom to heal (by sorting your raid frame - emergency monitor I think i was called)
- auto-ranked the appropriate spell (the person is only down 750 health? you only need greater heal rank 2) Because mana was such an issue, this was huge.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: