Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: Bag addons - What to use and why.

I've had it up to here with Combuctor.

Looking for a bag addon that is very customizable. I've heard both ArkInventory and Tbag can be pushed and prodded to limits that Bagnon and Combuctor can only dream of. I also know that we have people who use both.

Thoughts? What's best/worst about them?

Also if you use something that I haven't mentioned and really like it let me know. I just can't stand this one anymore.

Wears Business Socks

I've been using Tbag for a couple of years now. I simply love it. It's extremely good at keeping your stuff straight and very customizable.

I've tried every other addon out there when the Tbag developer had trouble with patch 4.03 and as soon as that was fixed, I went back.

I guess i'm a combuctor fan - or at least have no issues with it

I also use Mr. Plow to clean everything up and Scrap to manage the junk.

These are old, but I don't think bag technology has evolved that much.
Which of these 5 Bag Addons are right for you

Battle of the Bags

Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:

These are old, but I don't think bag technology has evolved that much.
Which of these 5 Bag Addons are right for you

Battle of the Bags

Right, I remember those articles!
I tried every single one of the addons in there and still preferred Tbag even if the name is dumb.

Gonna try ArkInv and then go to Tbag if it doesn't work out.

Panerai wrote:
I guess i'm a combuctor fan - or at least have no issues with it

I've used Bagnon or Combuctor for over a year now. Best thing about it was the fact that it had the "gray items tab" which allowed me to get rid of my delete all gray's macro and free up that space. (This was before I learned about using modifiers in macros. )

I really want a customizable bag where I can set up how it looks etc. (both the bank and bags) Seems like ArkInv will work and it seems like it's slightly more customizable then Tbag. We'll see...

Thanks for the help and links guys. Ya'll deserve a cookie!

Wears Business Socks

... Where's my cookie?

And good luck with Ark! You'll need it...

Ahh, no fair to make these decisions before I've woken up and had time to respond. (Easterners, I tell you).

I would've recommended Ark anyhow. There's no bag addon I haven't tried. My favourite used to be Baggins but it broke with a patch and I got tired of it. Make sure when installing Ark that you check out the setup wiki - there's some stuff in there that isn't exactly intuitive but will help you sort and filter your items how you want them.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

I've had it installed all of 5 minutes and I already like it better then any I've used before.

Millya wrote:
Ahh, no fair to make these decisions before I've woken up and had time to respond. (Easterners, I tell you).

You've just gotta learn to be like me and not sleep.

Millya wrote:
I would've recommended Ark anyhow. There's no bag addon I haven't tried. My favourite used to be Baggins but it broke with a patch and I got tired of it. Make sure when installing Ark that you check out the setup wiki - there's some stuff in there that isn't exactly intuitive but will help you sort and filter your items how you want them.

Just got done setting up TSM which was also quite complicated as I've never used any of it's predecessors. I'm sure I'll have just as much fun with this one.

Wears Business Socks

I use Ark and love it. It has some quirks and the setup is sort of goofy, but it's about as customizable as you can get.

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

ArkInv is perfect for what I wanted. Thanks all.

It did take a little while to get it set up just right. But now I know what to do with the other 9 toons.

Only complaint is the higher addon memory usage. I expected it though since it has so many more possible configurations.

Wears Business Socks

Millya wrote:

I would've recommended Ark anyhow. There's no bag addon I haven't tried. My favourite used to be Baggins but it broke with a patch and I got tired of it.

It's fixed now. I went back to using the default bags while it was broken because I really didn't like the others bag addons I tried. I like the way baggins is setup out of the box, and didn't have the patience to set up any other when baggins would be updated soon enough (which I admit is kind of odd since I have no problem with Grid).

Jump to: